The first edition of the Summer School took place in Moena (Italian Dolomites) in June 2015.
The Summer School is organised by the Osservatorio Permanente sull’Applicazione delle Regole di Concorrenza based at Faculty of Law of Trento University (“Osservatorio Antitrust”).The Summer School is co-directed by Gian Antonio Benacchio and Michele Carpagnano.The Summer School offers a unique opportunity to analyse and study EU Competition Law and Economics at an advanced level. This advanced course combines academia with a pragmatic approach to the application of antitrust rules.
The Summer School is aimed at graduates, practitioners (lawyers, in-house counsel, economists, and managers), judges, officials of Competition Authorities, and other national and International organisations. The courses will be conducted in English.
- Advanced Student Track: 7 days
- Executive Track: 4 days
The program is designed to cover the substantive and procedural aspects of EU Competition Lawwith practical sessions (complaints, immunity and leniency programmes, estimation of antitrust damages, institutional cooperation) and demonstrations (Competition Authority dawn-raids and EU Court proceedings). There will also be two workshops on hot topics and new developments in Competition Law and Economics.
The classes are taught by high-profiled international speakers.
Below are listed the speakers of the 2015 edition:
- Richard Whish, Emeritus Professor of Law at King’s College, London
- Mario Siragusa, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton, Rome
- Jesús Alfaro, Of Counsel Linklaters and Professor of Commercial Law, Autonoma University, Madrid
- Roberto Chieppa, Secretary General, Italian Competition Authority, Rome
- Andrea Pezzoli, Director General, Italian Competition Authority
- Ginevra Bruzzone, Vice-Diretor, Assonime, Rome
- Paolo Buccirossi, Director, Lear Lab, Rome
- Assimakis Komninos, Partner, White&Case, Bruxelles
- Daniele Calisti, DG COMP Officer, Merger Control Unit, Bruxelles
- Till Schreiber, Partner, Cartel Damages Claim, Bruxelles
- Mattia Melloni, Member of the Board, Luxembourg Competition Authority, Luxembourg
- Mario Todino, Partner, Gianni Origoni Grippo Cappelli & Partners, Bruxelles
- Paolo Palmigiano, General Counsel, Sumitomo Electric Industries, London
- Francisco Marcos, Professor of Commercial Law, Instituto de Empresa, Madrid
- Gwenaël Muguet-Poullennec, Référendaire at the General Court of the EU, Luxembourg
The Summer School is a unique occasion to deepen your knowledge of and participate in the debate surrounding EU Competition Law and Economics, offering wide networking opportunities. At the same time, the Summer School presents an opportunity to enjoy some free time, through sporting and social activities organised in Moena. The workshops will be held in mountain huts, while outings and sporting activities will take place in cooperation with the Centro di addestramento alpino della Polizia di Stato.
Participants have access to an exclusive E-Learning platform containing all academic materials as well as additional contents selected by the speakers.
APPLICATIONS FOR 2016 ARE NOT OPEN YET
Follow us on Twitter: @eucompschool