The 2018 EDITION WILL TAKE PLACE IN MOENA (Italian Dolomites) FROM 17 to 24 JUNE 2018.
The Summer School is organised by the Osservatorio Permanente sull’Applicazione delle Regole di Concorrenza based at Faculty of Law of Trento University (“Osservatorio Antitrust”).
The Summer School is co-directed by Gian Antonio Benacchio and Michele Carpagnano. The Summer School offers a unique opportunity to analyse and study EU Competition Law and Economics at an advanced level. This advanced course combines academia with a pragmatic approach to the application of antitrust rules.
Apply NOW – the registrations will open in JANUARY 2018, for early applications with an additional 10% discount on EARLY BIRD FEE please send an email no later than December 31, 2017 to email@example.com
The clasess will be taught by high-profiled international speakers.
Speakers that already confirmed their presence are:
- Richard Whish, King’s College London, London
- María Pilar Canedo Arrillaga, Member of the Board Spanish Competition Authority, Madrid
- Gabriella Muscolo, Member of the Board, Italian Competition Authority, Rome
- Mattia Melloni, Member of the Board, Luxembourg Competition Authority, Luxembourg
- Roberto Chieppa, Secretary General, Italian Competition Authority, Rome
- Andrea Pezzoli, Director General, Italian Competition Authority, Rome
- Gian Antonio Benacchio, Trento University
- Michele Carpagnano, Partner, Dentons Europe Studio Legale, Rome; Trento University
- Jesús Alfaro, Of Counsel Linklaters and Professor of Commercial Law, Autonoma University, Madrid
- Francisco Marcos, Instituto de Empresa, Madrid
- Ginevra Bruzzone, Vice-Director, Assonime, Rome
- Gwenaël Muguet-Poullennec, Référendaire at the General Court of the EU, Luxembourg
- Paolo Palmigiano, General Counsel, Sumitomo Electric Industries, London
- Miguel Perez Guerra, Senior Antitrust Counsel at Google, London
- Luca Leonardo, Legal Compliance and Antitrust Manager of Italcementi Group, Bergamo
- Irene de Angelis, Legal Affair, Intesa San Paolo, Milan
- Julia Suderow, Partner 3C Compliance, Bilbao
The Summer School is aimed at graduates, practitioners (lawyers, in-house counsel, economists, and managers), judges, officials of Competition Authorities, and other national and International organisations. The courses will be conducted in English.
The program is designed to cover the substantive and procedural aspects of EU Competition Law with practical sessions (complaints, compliance programs, leniency applications, estimation of antitrust damages) and demonstrations (Competition Authority dawn-raids and EU Court proceedings). There will also be two workshops on hot topics and new developments in Competition Law and Economics.
The Summer School is a unique occasion to deepen your knowledge of and participate in the debate surrounding EU Competition Law and Economics, offering wide networking opportunities. At the same time, the Summer School presents an opportunity to enjoy some free time, through sporting and social activities organised in Moena. The workshops will be held in mountain huts, while outings and sporting activities will take place in cooperation with the School of Alpine Rescue of the Italian State Police (Centro di addestramento alpino della Polizia di Stato) and Trento Museum of Science (MUSE).
Participants have access to an exclusive E-Learning platform containing all academic materials as well as additional contents selected by the speakers.
The Bar Association of Trento recognizes to the participation of the Summer School the following ECTS credits:
- 20 ECTS credits for the Advanced track
- 12 ECTS credits for the Executive track.
The Organizational Secretariat will issue a certificate of participation.
Follow us on Twitter: @eucompschool
For more information, for pre-booking or for sponsorship opportunities, please write us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. + 39 0461 281847 – Fax +39 0461 1631111
Via Verdi 53, 38122 Trento – Italy