The Summer School is co-directed by Gian Antonio Benacchio and Michele Carpagnano.
The Summer School offers a unique opportunity to analyse and study EU Competition Law and Economics at an advanced level. This advanced course combines academia with a pragmatic approach to the application of antitrust rules.
The Summer School is aimed at graduates, practitioners (lawyers, in-house counsel, economists, and managers), judges, officials of Competition Authorities, and other national and International organisations. The courses will be conducted in English.
- Advanced Student Track: 7 DAYS:
Classes from June 15 to 20 (6 nights). Arrival on June 14, Departure on June 20 afteroon.
- Executive Track: 4 DAYS:
Classes from June 18 to 20 (3 nights). Arrival on June 17, Departure on June 20 afteroon.
The program is designed to cover the substantive and procedural aspects of EU Competition Law withpractical sessions (complaints, immunity and leniency programmes, estimation of antitrust damages, institutional cooperation) and demonstrations (Competition Authority dawn-raids and EU Court proceedings). There will also be two workshops on hot topics and new developments in Competition Law and Economics.
The clasess will be taught by high-profiled international speakers:
- Richard Whish, Emeritus Professor of Law at King’s College, London
- Mario Siragusa, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton, Rome
- Jesús Alfaro, Of Counsel Linklaters and Professor of Commercial Law, Autonoma University, Madrid
- Roberto Chieppa, Secretary General, Italian Competition Authority, Rome
- Andrea Pezzoli, Director General, Italian Competition Authority
- Paolo Buccirossi, Director, Lear Lab, Rome
- Assimakis Komninos, Partner, White&Case, Bruxelles
- Daniele Calisti, DG COMP Officer, Merger Control Unit, Bruxelles
- Till Schreiber, Partner, Cartel Damages Claim, Bruxelles
- Mattia Melloni, Member of the Board, Luxembourg Competition Authority, Luxembourg
- Piero Fattori, Partner, Gianni Origoni Grippo Cappelli & Partners, Rome
- Paolo Palmigiano, General Counsel, Sumitomo Electric Industries, London
- Francisco Marcos, Professor of Commercial Law, Instituto de Empresa, Madrid
- Gwenaël Muguet-Poullennec, Référendaire at the General Court of the EU, Luxembourg
The Summer School is a unique occasion to deepen your knowledge of and participate in the debate surrounding EU Competition Law and Economics, offering wide networking opportunities. At the same time, the Summer School presents an opportunity to enjoy some free time, through sporting and social activities organised in Moena. The workshops will be held in mountain huts, while outings and sporting activities will take place in cooperation with the Centro di addestramento alpino della Polizia di Stato.
CHECK THE WEB PAGE OF THE SUMMER SCHOOL HERE
APPLY NOW: THE APPLICATION FORM IS AVAILABLE HERE
DOWNLOAD THE BROCHURE
Follow us on Twitter: @eucompschool