The Summer School is organised by the Osservatorio Permanente sull’Applicazione delle Regole di Concorrenza based at Faculty of Law of Trento University (“Osservatorio Antitrust”).
The Summer School is co-directed by Gian Antonio Benacchio and Michele Carpagnano. The Summer School offers a unique opportunity to analyse and study EU Competition Law and Economics at an advanced level. This advanced course combines academia with a pragmatic approach to the application of antitrust rules.
To apply please visit this site
The classes are taught by high-profiled international speakers:
- Sten Frimodt Nielsen, Judge of the General Court of the EU, Luxembourg
- Bruno Lasserre, President of the French Competition Authority, Paris
- Giovanni Pitruzzella, President of the Italian Competition Authority, Rome
- Pierre Rauchs, President of the Luxembourg Competition Authority, Luxembourg
- María Pilar Canedo Arrillaga, President of the Competition Authority of the Basque Country, Bilbao
- Mattia Melloni, Member of the Board, Luxembourg Competition Authority, Luxembourg
- Roberto Chieppa, Secretary General, Italian Competition Authority, Rome
- Andrea Pezzoli, Director General, Italian Competition Authority, Rome
- Eduardo Prieto Kessler, Director General, Spanish Competition Authority, Madrid
- Nelson Jung, Director of Mergers Group at the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA), London
- Ulrich von Koppenfels, European Commission, DG Competition, Merger Unit, Bruxelles
- Mario Siragusa, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton, Rome
- Alberto Pera, Partner, Gianni, Origoni, Grippo, Cappelli & P., Rome
- Jesús Alfaro, Of Counsel Linklaters and Professor of Commercial Law, Autonoma University, Madrid
- Michele Carpagnano, Trento University, Trento
- Francisco Marcos, Instituto de Empresa, Madrid
- Luigi Prosperetti, Milan University, Milan
- Ginevra Bruzzone, Vice-Director, Assonime, Rome
- Gwenaël Muguet-Poullennec, Référendaire at the General Court of the EU, Luxembourg
- Mario Todino, Partner, JonesDay, Bruxelles
- Sacha d’Ecclesiis, Attorney, Rome
- Till Schreiber, Partner, Cartel Damages Claim, Bruxelles
- Paolo Buccirossi, Director, Lear Lab, Rome
- Paolo Palmigiano, General Counsel, Sumitomo Electric Industries, London
- Daniela Esposito, Competition Legal Counsel at O2, Telefonica UK, London
- Miguel Perez Guerra, Senior Antitrust Counsel at Google, London
- Ciro Favia, Enel, Rome
- Dahlia Kownator, Qualcomm’s Government affairs team, Bruxelles
- Luca Leonardo, Legal Compliance and Antitrust Manager of Italcementi Group, Bergamo
- Julia Suderow, Partner, 3C Compliance, Bilbao
The Summer School is aimed at graduates, practitioners (lawyers, in-house counsel, economists, and managers), judges, officials of Competition Authorities, and other national and International organisations. The courses will be conducted in English.
The program is designed to cover the substantive and procedural aspects of EU Competition Law with practical sessions (complaints, compliance programs, leniency applications, estimation of antitrust damages) and demonstrations (Competition Authority dawn-raids and EU Court proceedings). There will also be two workshops on hot topics and new developments in Competition Law and Economics and a Cocktail-talk on Digital Economy & Competition Law.
A new feature of the second edition is the Presidents Round Table with the participation of Bruno Lasserre, Giovanni Pitruzzella, Pierre Rauchs and María Pilar Canedo Arrillaga.
The Summer School is a unique occasion to deepen your knowledge of and participate in the debate surrounding EU Competition Law and Economics, offering wide networking opportunities. At the same time, the Summer School presents an opportunity to enjoy some free time, through sporting and social activities organised in Moena. The workshops will be held in mountain huts, while outings and sporting activities will take place in cooperation with the Centro di addestramento alpino della Polizia di Stato.
Participants have access to an exclusive E-Learning platform containing all academic materials as well as additional contents selected by the speakers.
Follow us on Twitter: @eucompschool